Senior Urban Designer & Project Manager
San Francisco / New York
RIFORMA Collective is proud to collaborate with an award-winning urban design and research consultancy, renowned for their expertise in architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and city planning. Their innovative approach involves addressing global trends through empirical analysis, designing for social behavior, and driving meaningful change.
We are excited to announce an exclusive opportunity for a Senior Urban Designer and Project Manager. Entrusted by our respected partners, we are on the hunt for a talented individual to fill this pivotal role. As a Senior Urban Designer and Project Manager, you will have the chance to significantly influence innovative urban design projects and shape vibrant and sustainable public spaces.
About the Role:
In this role, you will lead successful teams, translating user experiences and site research into spatial strategies and designs across diverse typologies. Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, manage projects from concept to completion, and contribute to the development of contemporary urban spaces. Your expertise will be crucial in bringing public space projects through concept and schematic design stages.
- Lead interdisciplinary design teams, shaping work products, managing budgets, and guiding projects to successful completion
- Transform user experiences and site research into innovative spatial strategies and designs.
- Collaborate closely with clients, demonstrating strong communication skills, and presenting insights using digital design and storytelling tools.
- Work collaboratively with directors and designers across various teams to deliver impactful and innovative urban design solutions.
- 5+ years of project management experience in public space design, with a focus on shaping work products and managing budgets
- Strong communication, collaboration, and coordination skills in a professional environment
- Proficiency in digital design and storytelling tools, including Google Slides, with a keen interest in learning new digital tools
- Passion for contemporary design culture and in-depth knowledge of global landscape and urban design precedents and best practices
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods, with the ability to develop sophisticated spatial and social analyses at various scales.
- Familiarity with GIS (such as QGIS and/or ESRI ArcMap), Tableau, Excel, and big data analysis tools (such as American Community Survey U.S. Census Bureau data) is a plus.
- Proficiency in languages such as Spanish, Chinese, or others in addition to English is encouraged.
As a team member, you will enjoy:
- Salary: USD 90k — 120k
- Hybrid work schedule with ability to work from home based on a trusting relationship between the manager and employee
- 4 weeks of vacation leave plus 15 days of paid sick leave yearly
- 12 paid company holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life and vision coverage including optional Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous maternity/paternity leave policy
- Company matching option towards 401k plan
- Yearly stipend for continuing education and career development
At RIFORMA Collective, we believe in connecting exceptional talent with innovative companies, and we encourage anyone with relevant skills and attributes to apply for this role. If you are interested or know someone who might be a great fit, please send your application to
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the best of luck!